Contrary to what you might have in mind, sending money from Chime to Venmo is actually quite simple and easy. Many previous users thought, it might take long to share funds between these two applications. This is because you have to change some settings before the process can take place.
- You can send money from Chime to Venmo by Adding Chime as bank on Venmo > Make a micro-transaction to link two accounts > Added amount of money on Venmo > Review and confirm transaction.
- The process should take 5-10 minutes to finish.
- The transaction is possible using Chime mobile app or the web browser.
…and Much More!
How To Transfer Money From Chime To Venmo In 3 Simple Steps
Millions of users are currently on Venmo and Chime. These are handy applications that allow us to send and receive money online. Furthermore, they have introduced updated features such as bitcoin investment and Venmo stock symbol, etc. to attract new customers.
It is highly likely that people who have downloaded and created Chime account would be utilizing Venmo as well. That is why it becomes all the more useful to know how someone can send money to your Chime account or how to add funds to Venmo through Chime.
Since many users had been searching for an easy guide to follow, we decided to put forward a concise and simple article on how transfer of money from Chime to Venmo takes place.
Step 1 – Add Chime Bank to Venmo Account
The first thing to do is to add your Chime account as a verified bank in the Venmo profile. Venmo allows its users to add as many accounts as needed. Since you wish to transfer money from a Chime account, we would only consider this one in the example.
- You can add Chime account to your Venmo app either by using the computer (website) or through Venmo mobile app.
- If you are using your computer then visit the website and provide the login details to open the account.
- Then you have to tap on the option that states Link Bank Account and that would let you enter Chime account details and verify it to complete the process.
- In case you need to perform the same task using the Venmo app then tap on the Settings option after logging in.
- After that, click on Payment Methods and choose Add Bank or Card. You can then select Add Bank and provide your Chime account details.
Attention! Needless to say, if you are using Chime card or Cash card, you have to select Add Card in the last step and provide your reloadable card details.
Addition of a bank or a card will not be complete unless you have it verified. This means that you need to attempt a microtransaction. Microtransaction means sending at least $1 to another account to check whether the transfer is successful or not.
Step 2 – Enter The Transfer Amount in Venmo App
- The first step is to click on Manage Balance option given on Venmo home-screen.
- You have to tap on the three bars at the top of the screen that present the Main Menu. Then click on Add Money and wait for the next window to show up.
- Venmo would first ask you to enter the amount that wish to transfer and then choose the bank or card that you would be sending money from.
- Type the amount that you want to send from Chime to Venmo. Recheck what you have entered in the data field and press Proceed.
- Finally, you can select Chime from the list of added banks in your Venmo app.
Step 3 – Review Details and Confirm Transaction
The last stop would be the confirmation screen that pops up when you have added Chime as verified account and initiated money transfer from this app to your Venmo account.
- You have to check again that you are making the right transfer with correct details and the amount.
- All good? Press Add Money button to complete the process!
You might be interested in reading: Can I Withdraw Money From Chime.
The Bottom Line
Transfer of money from Chime account to Venmo application can be completed in just 3 simple steps as we discussed above. Moreover, if you have already mastered the art of using these apps then the transaction would be even easier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send money from Chime to another bank?
Chime supports transfers to almost all external banks once you have linked them to your Chime account. Then simply click on Transfer Funds, choose from the list of Linked Banks, enter the amount of money you want to send and click on Move Money.
How long does a transfer from Chime typically takes?
Chime transfers may take up to 5 business days to complete.
Does Chime work with Zelle?
You can use your Chime account with Zelle for the transfer of funds. However, this requires that you connect your Chime with Zelle for indirect transfers.