When we are talking about sending and receiving funds easily, Chime to PayPal transactions are bound to cross our mind. Chime stands out on the list of online banking apps with its SpotMe feature and mobile direct deposit. On the other hand, PayPal has marked its name as a famous platform for international transfers that is accepted at a number of locations including stores, hotels, and gas stations. Let’s see how exchange of funds between these two apps is possible.
- You can not send money from Chime to PayPal directly but there are alternative ways available for this type of money transfer.
- You can send money from Chime to PayPal either by adding Chime as bank on PayPal, using another linked bank or sending money from Chime to PayPal cash card.
- Chime app comes with $0 maintaining balance requirements and automated savings feature.
…and Much More!
Transfer Money From Chime To PayPal – Step By Step Guide
The first thing you need to bear in mind is that there is no direct method to send money from Chime to PayPal. Therefore, users have to rely on indirect methods instead. Don’t let that fool you into thinking that the process would be difficult or take too long. Even these are free, simple and effective!
The three methods that we will be discussing shortly include:
- Add Chime As a Bank On PayPal
- Use a Linked Bank Account
- Send Money From Chime Account to PayPal Cash Card
Without further delay, let us jump into the details and let our readers know how to send money from one to the other with just few clicks here and there.
You might be interested in reading: Chime to Cash App Money Transfer.
Method 1 – Add Chime As a Bank On PayPal
- Identify Chime account number and routing number
- Add Chime as bank on PayPal account
- Initiate the money transfer
Let us see how each step of this process is performed.
Identify Chime Account Number and Routing Number
Money transfers are typically performed using account number and routing number. Chime works in collaboration with the Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A. Therefore, it has its own unique account number and routing number.
- You can find these details either by visiting Chime official website or using its mobile app.
- If you choose to access the bank details with Chime website then make sure you are using the correct address.
- Once you are on the web page, provide login details and then tap on Move Money.
- From the next options, choose Settings and here you will see both the numbers on the screen. Note them down or copy them.
- The process is somewhat the same even when you are using Chime mobile app.
- Similarly, you have to log in and tap on Move Money.
- Then choose Settings and note down the account number and routing number.
- Now that you have the required information, you can move on to the next step.
Add Chime As Bank On PayPal Account
Similar to obtaining the account details, Chime can be added as a bank on PayPal by two different methods. You can do so using the PayPal mobile app or its official website.
- When you have to add Chime as a bank on PayPal using the PayPal app, you first have to download the application on iOS or Android.
- Then open the the app and login using your credentials.
- Tap on Settings and select Bank Accounts and Credit Cards.
- After that you have to press + icon and select Bank Account.
- This would automatically lead you to their official website where you have to enter the account number and routing number of Chime and that would add it as bank on PayPal.
- You can add Chime as bank on PayPal by directly visiting its official website.
- You have to first log in your account and then tap on Settings.
- There would be an option of Money, Banks, and Cards at the left side of the screen. Click on it.
- In the next window, tap on Link a New Bank Account and provide all your required Chime details.
- Finally click on Link Your Bank account and that would complete the process.
Initiate The Money Transfer
Now you can finally initiate the money transfer either by using PayPal app or through its website. For users who are relying on the application, they have to first log in and then click on PayPal balance.
- Choose Add Money and select Chime account that you had previously added as a bank.
- Tap on Add and provide the amount that you want to send.
- You might be asked to confirm the transaction which you can do so by clicking on Continue. Review and proceed. The process is similar on the website as well.
- You have to visit PayPal website and login with your credentials.
- Then tap on Transfer and click on Add Money To Your Balance.
- Choose Chime as the bank on the next option and click on Add.
- Provide the amount that you want to share and confirm the transaction.
Method 2 – Use a Linked Bank Account
Another technique is to connect PayPal and Chime to same bank account and use it as a mediator to process the transfer between the two apps. This is the best approach for customers who do not want to link the Chime and PayPal accounts directly with each other.
You might be interested in reading: PayPal to Cash App Money Transfer.
Link your Chime account and bank account
The first step, in this case, would be to link the Chime app with your bank account.
- You have to login the app and tap on Move Money.
- Then click on Transfers.
- Choose your bank by providing the account number and routing number.
Link your PayPal account and bank account
The next step is to do the same with your PayPal account. Before you can proceed to transfer money using this method, you must add both, Chime and PayPal to your linked bank account. PayPal can be linked to a bank account using two methods.
- The first one is to simply use its website by logging into your account and clicking on Settings.
- Then tap on Money, Banks, and Cards and choose Link a New Bank Account.
- You would be asked to provide your bank details such as account type, number, routing number, etc.
- Then tap on Link Your Bank and proceed to the next step.
- If you are, somehow, unable, to access the PayPal website, you can also perform the same task using its mobile app.
- Open the app and provide login details.
- Then click on Settings and tap Bank Accounts and Credit Cards.
- Hit + icon and select Go To Our Website.
This would automatically direct you to the official website where you need to follow the steps discussed above to successfully add PayPal to your bank account linked accounts list.
Send Money From Chime To Bank Account
Now you can finally send money from Chime to bank account and then transfer it to PayPal.
- Use the Chime app to initiate transfer to the external linked bank.
- You have to tap on Move Money and then select Transfers.
- Provide bank details and confirm the transaction.
Send Money From Bank Account to PayPal
Once the amount from your Chime account has reached the bank you can transfer it to PayPal account using the app, website, or even the PayPal Cash card as per your need.
- You have to login to the PayPal app and select PayPal balance.
- Then tap on Add Money and provide your bank details.
- Choose Add and enter the amount that you have to transfer.
- Hit Continue and review your details for the last time. Then initiate the transfer.
- Similarly, log in to your PayPal account via website and click on Transfer.
- Then tap on Money Tab and select Add Money To Your Balance.
- Enter the amount that you have to accept from the bank and click on Add.
- Tap again on Add X Amount to complete the transfer.
- The last approach is to use PayPal cash card. The procedure for this might vary from one bank to another.
- You can follow the details that pop up on the screen to complete money deposit with this method.
Method 3 – Send Money From Chime Account to PayPal Cash Card
The last method is to put your PayPal Cash card to good use and make the money deposit through Chime. For this, you will have to request for the card and get it activated online. Let us see how this technique works.
Request For PayPal Cash Card
You can only apply for the card once your account has been verified. In order to do that, visit the online portal and provide your full name, email ID, contact address, etc.
- You then have to either apply for PayPal credit or link a credit card, debit card, or bank account to complete the account verification.
- Once you have verified your account, you can request for the card by visiting the relevant page on their website and clicking on Get The Card.
- Then tap on More and select Order PayPal Cash Card.
- Provide a valid address for the delivery of the card and wait for at least up to 10 days. Hopefully, the card will reach your within this time frame.
Activate the Cash Card Online
- You can activate the card by visiting the same page and providing the card’s expiry date.
- Then tap on Activate Card and provide the secret 4-digit PIN.
- Confirm the activation process.
Note Down PayPal Cash Card Details
In order to make the transfer, you have to find out what your card routing number and bank number is.
- Visit the official website and click on Settings.
- Then tap on Set Up View Direct Deposit and this would show you the information that you require.
- Note it down carefully.
Initiate Money Transfer From Chime To PayPal Cash Card
- Now you can open your Chime App and log in the account.
- Tap on Move Money and select Transfers.
- Provide Cash Card details and the amount that you want to share.
All You Need To Know About Chime Mobile App
There is a lot more to Chime app then using it as a platform to send money to PayPal or other types of accounts. So far, customers have adored this mobile payment application because of the ease of account opening and advanced features.
Moreover, Chime app comes with $0 maintaining balance requirements and automated savings feature making it a good addition or even an alternative to owning a traditional bank account.
However, you have to be aware that Chime does not offer international wire transfers. It also does not allow you to create joint accounts and has instant transfer fees.
The Bottom Line
Since there is no direct method available, we have to make use of some indirect approaches to send money from Chime to PayPal.
- Although they may seem tricky at the first sight, most of these steps are easy to perform and are quite effective as well.
If you are having any trouble in executing these steps, don’t hesitate to share them in the comment section below. Moreover, feel free to tell us about your opinion on this review and what you want to read about next!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any limit of Chime to PayPal money transfer?
Chime has a restriction of sharing only $2000 in a month so you can not send more to even your PayPal account. If you are sharing funds to a linked account then you can only send $200 in a day or $1000 in a month.
If the money transfer is from PayPal to Chime then you may be allowed to share unlimited funds provided that your account is verified. The maximum limit is $10,000 per transaction.
Does Chime charge a fee to make money transfer?
Chime to Chime transfers are free of cost but transactions to other international accounts are charged.
How long will it take for me to send money from Chime to PayPal?
It can take about 3 to 5 days to complete money transfer using Chime. This is the typical time that it takes to process the transfer so the delay is nothing to worry about.
Does PayPal charge a fee to make money transfers?
PayPal to PayPal transfers are free. It does charge 0.3% to 2% fee when sending money internationally.