Free online checking account no opening deposit no credit checks are the perfect option for people with bad credit and ideal alternatives for traditional banking. We will walk you through several options that can save you a huge sum of money by opening a checking account.
- Free Online Checking Account No Opening Deposit No Credit Check options are Chime, Current, Discover, Capital One 360, Sable, Credit Union, Radian bank, Barclays, and Marcus.
- To Open a Free Online Checking account, provide personal, identification, and funding information.
- Several banks perform a background check on you to monitor the previous payment histories with several financial platforms.
…and Much More!
Free Online Checking Account No Opening Deposit No Credit Checks – What Are Your Options?
Several free online checking accounts that do not require you to make any deposit and perform no credit check on you are listed as below:
One of the financial institutions trusted by millions of customers is that of the Chime whose banking services and checking accounts are versatile. Chime has its Chime Credit Builder Visa Credit Card for which you need to have received at least a $200 deposit to your Checking Account. Moreover, to open a Chime savings account, it is essential that you have a Chime Checking Account.
Another accelerating feature of Chime is that of the direct deposit through which you can get paid up to two days early. Chime does not charge any monthly maintenance fee and its Annual Percentage Yield is 0.50% for the high yield savings account. The eligible Chime members can get a fee-free overdraft of up to $200.
- Banking services of Chime Checking Account are provided by The Bancorp Bank.
- You can qualify for Chime SpotMe with a single direct deposit of $200 to your Chime Checking Account.
- Through Credit builder, you can increase your credit score by an average of 30 points by making on-time payments.
- It has no minimum deposit to open an account.
- Chime has 60k+ fee-free ATMs and several locations.
You might be interested in reading: Apps Like Chime.
Another non-bank financial technology offering free online checking account and no deposit is the Current. Like Chime, its services are offered by the Choice Financial Group and is FDIC insured too. Current does not require any minimum balance or hidden fees for the checking account.
Current offers rewards debit card and earnings of 4.00% APY with the Current Savings Pods, which means the more money you put in, the more money you make at over 60x national average of 0.06% APY. Not only this, but it also allows you to earn up to 15x points and get cashback on several using the Current card.
- Get an overdraft up to $200 just like Cash App offers, without any overdraft fee if you are a premium member.
- It delivers you your paycheck up to two days earlier than the traditional banks.
- It offers no-fee withdrawals at more than 40,000 in-network ATMs.
- To maximize every dollar, get Savings with Interest and earn 4.00% APY.
- You can also earn cashback points with over 14,000 merchants.
Discover No-Fee Checking Account
Enjoy cashback on debit card purchases without any monthly fees with Discover. It has several compelling features such as it allowing you to earn 1% cashback on up to $3000 in debit card purchases every month. Using the Cashback Debit account, say no to checking account fees or any other maintenance fees.
Discover is a one-stop solution to avoid spending any extra penny on managing your finances as it comes with a no-fee official bank check, no fee for insufficient funds or online bill pays, no-fee replacement debit card, and no-fee outbound ACH transfers. Its online checking and saving accounts are an all-rounder and perfectly suitable for anyone who wishes to skip extensive fees.
- Discover has around 60,000 fee-free ATMs.
- It provides complete encryption and privacy of your bank account information.
- There are no minimum account deposit requirements.
- It offers both checking and savings account.
- You can send and receive money between almost any US-based bank account with Discover.
Capital One 360 Checking Account
Capital One is another mobile banking platform that charges no fees and no minimums in terms of deposits. You can open a checking account at Capital One and perform online transfers along with the direct deposits without having to worry about any bank-breaking costs.
It keeps your online checking account safe with the FDIC insurance and there are no overdraft fees with Capital One 360 checking account. The services do not end here as it also gives you access to your paycheck two days earlier than the payday.
- You can deposit money straight from a mobile application in just a few clicks.
- You can also add cash to your 360-checking account at any of the CVS locations.
- Capital One has 70,000 fee-free ATMs.
- It offers real-time alerts about your checking account activity.
- You receive the electronic or cash deposits on the same business day with Capital One 360.
No-fee, premium cashback debit card is the main highlight of the Sable financial platform among other bundles of services. You can earn 1% unlimited cash back and enjoy premium perks whenever you shop. With its Sable ONE Mastercard, you can have the benefit of an extended retailers’ warranty.
Speed up your graduation and make seamless direct deposits using the user-friendly and well-equipped interface of the Sable app and keep track of your financial health. It does not only end here, transferring money internationally with the best available exchange rate is another hit boom at Sable.
- You do not need any minimum balance in the account.
- It does not charge you any deposit fee for the checking account.
- Sable debit card is compatible with Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Apple Pay.
- There is no monthly maintenance or sign-up fee.
- It has a $0 overdraft and insufficient funds fees.
Barclays is exclusively an online banking platform offering services like a savings account, Barclays Blue Rewards, personal loans, insurance, overdrafts, credit cards, mortgage, and many more. Through the Barclays app, you can conveniently send money through your secure accounts and even earn rewards.
Banking from home is made easy where you don’t have to rush to traditional banks to get your tasks done. Barclays does not have any minimum balance requirements; nor does it charge any of the deposit fees.
- Subscribing on the Barclays app helps you save 25% on The Telegraph and 10% on Readly.
- It offers a personalized payment solution for debt consolidation.
- Earn loyalty points and rewards through Barclays’ app.
- It allows ACH transfers which can take up to 2-3 business days.
- Its online savings account has an APY of 1.90%.
Another well-known platform for investment banking is Marcus which is named after the Wall Street bank founders. It offers one of the best online savings accounts along with the best CD rates. Unfortunately, it does not offer you a checking account. The savings account here offers a high yield which is 0.50% APR.
Marcus, unlike many other high-yield online savings accounts, does not require you to have any minimum deposit or even a minimum balance to keep the account active. Whether you are saving up to reach a certain financial goal, or want to store emergency funds, Marcus’ online savings account is a perfect option for you.
- It does not charge any monthly maintenance fees.
- Marcus has no ATMs or even physical locations for the banks.
- It has limited financial products as it does not offer a debit card or a checking account.
- Marcus offers two Certificates of Deposit options.
- It also offers personal loans like Stilt to cover your several expenses.
Navy Federal Credit Union
Another free online checking account no opening deposit no credit check is that of the Navy Federal Credit Union. It offers around five different checking accounts depending upon your needs and requirements. All these accounts, however, earn interest on them and come with three optional coverage types to skip the overdraft fees.
These include savings transfer, checking line of credit, and optional overdraft protection service. Another perk to enjoy at the Navy Federal Credit Union is its savings account which has a minimum deposit of only $5 with an APY of 0.25%. Moreover, it does not charge you with any monthly maintenance fee, or direct deposit fee.
- It does not require any minimum deposit or even minimum balance.
- It offers two money market accounts i.e., Money Market Savings Account and Jumbo Money Market Savings Account.
- Five account types include Active-Duty checking, Easy checking, Everyday checking, Campus checking, and Flagship checking.
- It offers you a Navy Federal debit card that has zero liability protection.
- Any active-duty or retired member of the military can get a membership here.
Radius Bank Essential Checking
Radius Bank offers a blend of both conventional banking along the fintech start-up. It offers a wide array of services and features to the customers, one of which is the Rewards Checking account. The checking account is for bad credit and free without any minimum balance; however, you need to make a minimum deposit of $100.
Moving forward, it does not charge any monthly maintenance fee. The Rewards Checking account also earns a 0.10% APY on the balance starting from $2500 up to $99,999.99, whereas an APY of 0.15% on balances up to $100,000. It does not come with any ATM fees and also offers direct deposits to the customers.
- It offers Essential Checking for people having less than perfect credit scores.
- Its high yield savings account delivers an APY of 0.15%.
- It also offers CDs with terms ranging from three months up to five years.
- It charges $9 monthly as a service charge.
- Unlike many other platforms, it does not have any cash-back rewards.
How To Open a Free Online Checking Account with No Deposit and No Credit Check? Step-By-Step Guide
Opening a free online checking account with no deposit and no credit check is straightforward and requires basic steps to follow:
- Once you are done choosing the bank or credit union offering such service, proceed to fill out the online application.
- Go to the mobile app or website of your chosen bank.
- Start filling out the application where you will have to enter all the relevant details as:
- Personal information (name, residential address, contact number, and email address).
- Identification information (date of birth, drivers’ license, or state ID number).
- Funding information (debit or credit card, bank transfer, mobile check deposit, existing account transfer).
And that’s it! As soon as you are done filling out the application form, submit it online and wait for your respective financial institute to get back to you
Alternatives To Free Online Checking Account
Although checking account is most beneficial, it is still a bet that you would be able to open one or not especially if you have a bad credit score. Therefore, a few of the best alternatives to a free online checking account with distinctive features are listed below.
PayPal Prepaid Mastercard
- Fund your PayPal account through your prepaid card account.
- You can also earn cash back on your card.
- Get paid earlier with the direct deposit.
- Monthly fee of $4.95 and maximum balance $15,000.
- It charges 4% foreign transaction fee and allows mobile check deposit.
Brinks Prepaid Mastercard
- Does not charge any late fees or interest charges.
- You get $20 referral on the Brinks Prepaid Mastercard.
- You can get paid earlier with the direct deposit.
- It has no monthly fee but charges $1 for each transaction and has3.5% foreign transaction fee.
- It offers text alerts and online account management
NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card
- No late fees or interest charges and you can earn Payback Rewards too.
- Get paid faster than the paper check.
- It has no credit check, activation fee or minimum balance.
- $1.50 purchase transaction fee.
- It does not charge any overdraft fees on the card
Why Do Most Banks Require Credit Check?
It varies from one bank to the other whether they want to pull a check on your credit or not. For those who do, here are several reasons as to why.
- To monitor the previous payment histories with several financial platforms.
- Banks make sure you do not have any negative balance or pending payments in your accounts.
- They also make sure there are no unpaid account fees.
- Banks do so to access your capacity of being able to pay back in time or not.
How To Choose the Right No Deposit, No Credit Check Online Checking Account?
To choose the right checking account, you will have to keep a few things in mind. Since there are different factors to consider and definitely a long list to choose from, following points may help you out.
- Take proper time to surf through the services of every bank and whether it fulfills your requirements or not.
- Look for the fees offered and see how it is compatible with the services you are getting. These could include deposit fees, transaction fees, withdrawal, and others.
- Another important factor is that of the interest rates that oscillate. Look properly into what your bank is offering.
- Compare different banks and then make an informed decision.
The Bottom Line
Negative banking history can keep you off the bay if you wish to open an account at any financial platform. Gone are the times when people with bad credit had to exhaust themselves to avail of the bank services since many platforms are still willing to help them through this situation.
Perform extensive research before choosing your bank and read through every service they have for you in the box. Internet banking has been a blessing in this current era of technology and more people can access it without having to rush to physical branches of respective banks.
You might be interested in reading: Banks That Don’t Use Chexsystems.
Frequently Asked Questions
What banks do not require a credit check?
Green dot, Wells Fargo, Axiom bank, Woodforest National Bank are some other banks that do not require a credit check.
Does Varo perform a credit check?
No, Varo does not perform any credit check while applying for the Varo Bank Account.
What banks pay you to open an account?
Citibank, BMO Harris, M&T Bank, Chase Bank, Bank of America, and a few others.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.