Grocery stores near your location are a necessity. HEB is considered one of the biggest grocery stores in Texas and people are wondering does HEB take Apple Pay? Let’s find out!
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. Alternative payment options are accepted by HEB as it does not take Apple Pay.
2. You can use HEB Go for payments by Install app > Link credit/debit card > Verify > Scan each item > Pay via HEB Go.
3. You can also shop online at HEB by Install Heb Go > Add items of choice to cart > Pay via App.
…and Much More!
Does HEB Take Apple Pay?
No, unfortunately, HEB does not accept Apple Pay as their payment option yet.
They have still not given an appropriate reason as to why don’t they accept Apple Pay. But, a few understandable reasons include their own contactless technology as Heb Go.
- They might think of Apple Pay as competition to their technology HEB Go.
Nonetheless, Apple Pay is a secure and convenient method to make contactless payments. So, we are hopeful we would soon get to use it at HEN. Until then, here’s what you should know about Heb Go.
You might be interested in: Does Walmart take Apple Pay?
What is HEB Go?
HEB Go is a to-go counter. It allows the users to skip the checkout line and be their own cashier.
- It lets the customer scan and bag their items while they shop.
This app not only saves the customers time but also makes grocery shopping fun.
How to Pay Through HEB Go?
To use HEB Go, visit the nearest HEB grocery store and then follow the instructions below.
- Install the app. The application is available for free on the online store for both iOS and Android.
- Provide credit card or debit card data.
- Verify your entered information.
- Scan each item if you choose to buy it.
- Now go to the HEB Go checkout counter and scan the HEB Go QR code.
- Confirm your purchase and enjoy your order!
Forms of Payments Accepted At HEB
Although HEB does not take Apple Pay, there are a few payment options offered by HEB to make the shopping experience convenient. HEB accept the following payment options:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- HEB cards
- Personal checks
- Store gift cards
Can You Shop Online From HEB?
Now you can stay at home and enjoy household essentials and much more by utilizing HEB online option.
- Install HEB Go.
- Choose your items.
- Make payment using a credit or debit card.
- Receive your order at your doorstep.
You can only use your credit or debit card if you order online or even use HEB curbside pickup or home delivery option.
HEB Curbside Pickup Option
Putting their customer’s needs in priority HEB has now made shopping even more comfortable and affordable. To use this offer:
- Install the HEB Go app for free from App store or Play store.
- Select the items that you wish to buy.
- Enter your parking location and call the assigned number.
- Mention the exact time of your arrival.
- HEB workers will help you load the groceries.
HEB has finished the charge of $4.95 on orders over $35 before the taxes or discounts are applied. Only use this option if you’re able to pick up your order later that day.
- HEB does allow you to order online. However, the items listed for the home delivery or HEB curbside pickup are marked up to 3%.
They also charge you a delivery fee depending on how close or far HEB is from your location.
You might be interested in reading: Does Target take Apple Pay?
The Bottom Line
HEB does not accept Apple Pay and as a matter of fact, they know how frustrating it is for the customers.
It’s time for HEB to make their Apple Pay customers happy by enabling it as one of the payment options. Other available options might be a good alternative, but we cannot ignore Apple Pay.
Frequently Asked Questions About Payment Options At HEB
Does HEB take mobile pay?
HEB Go app allows its users to skip the checkout line and scan their items and make payment of them by scanning the QR code at the end terminal. This not only allows contactless payment but also saves time and is very convenient.
What other grocery stores use Apple Pay?
Several grocery stores that use Apple Pay are listed:
- Cub Foods
- David Food and Drug
- Duane Reade
- Harvey’s Supermarket Much more!
How do I use Apple Pay at pumps?
To use Apple Pay at pumps you need to switch on your Apple Pay setting either on your iPhone or Apple Watch. For a detailed answer see the related article about Apple Pay at pumps.
Does HEB take Google Pay?
HEB has now started to accept Google Pay at a few locations but most of them still have no contactless payment option other than HEB Go. It’s a shame as contactless payments are much more convenient and less time taking.
Can you pay at HEB using PayPal?
If you have a PayPal account, HEB does accept Paypal in a few locations. You can even link your credit card or debit card or even Google Pay to make your PayPal account count.